TMHC created Multifamily University several years ago as the umbrella for its educational programs, offering topics geared to office staff as well as maintenance employees.
While the fair housing seminar carries continuing education credit from the Virginia Real Estate Board, the other programs earn attendees "MU" credit, and those who have attended the most seminars are recognized at the end of the year.
2019 Multifamily University program schedule:
- Jan. 17: "Fair Housing Essentials"
- March 14: Spring Meet & Greet
- April 4: Virginia Residential Landlord/Tenant Act seminar
- May 16: "Dress for Success" - Summer Edition
- June 12: "Using Social Media to Generate Business"
- Aug. 15: Fair Housing seminar
- Sept. 19: "Active Shooter Training and Self-Defense Techniques"
- Oct. 24: "Employee Handbooks: Does Yours Include Everything It Should?"