TMHC created Multifamily University several years ago as the umbrella for its educational programs, offering topics geared to office staff as well as maintenance employees.
While the fair housing seminar carries continuing education credit from the Virginia Real Estate Board, the other programs earn attendees "MU" credit, and those who have attended the most seminars are recognized at the end of the year.
2018 Multifamily University program schedule:
- Jan. 18: Rental partnership program
- Feb. 15: Fair housing seminar
- April 19: Virginia Residential Landlord/Tenant Act seminar
- May 17: Proper procedures for hazardous waste disposal
- June 14: Reputation management
- Aug. 16: Fair housing seminar
- Sept. 6: Mold remediation techniques
- Oct. 25: Dress for success tips and techniques
- Nov. 15: Work site safety and waste disposal techniques